HERMS coil with 3 parallel tubes for extra high flow, ending in one fitting.
This coil is recommended for mash tuns of 70 liters and higher. Because the wort is split over 3 parallel coils, the flow rate is slower for less friction and more heat exchange. This coil has 3 separate tubes, coming together in a 1" BSP fitting:
- The inner coil is 5 loops of 30cm diameter
- The middle coil is 4 loops of 35cm diameter
- The outer coil is 4 loops of 40cm diameter.
The inner loop is longer to balance the flow between the shortest and longest coil.
By having the coils inside each other, the hight of the total coil is much lower, without sacrificing length. This means you can have less water in your HLT to submerge the coil. With less HLT water you can use a higher temperature difference between HLT and MT without overshooting.
4 silicone O-rings are integrated into the fittings and locknuts and will be fully enclosed by stainless steel once mounted. Two reducers from 1" to 1/2" BSP are included.
- Stainless steel 304
- Total tube length: 14.1 meter (4.7m + 4.4m + 5.0m)
- Height between fittings: 10cm
- Minimum kettle diameter: 44 cm
- Thread: 1" BSP, with 1" to 1/2" BSP reducer included
- Hole punch needed: 1-1/4"