This sensor has been designed specifically to mount it in a kettle of fermentor wall. With our sealing locknut, it is easy to install and it is watertight.
This sensor has a DS18B20 OneWire sensor inside with a detachable cable. It is a perfect replacement for a thermowell and separate sensor.
This is the NPT version (thread used in the U.S.A.). A BSP version is also available.
Ideal for mounting in:
- Plastic fermenters
- Kettles (HLT, BK or mash sensor)
- Plug and play with the BrewPi Spark
- Maxim DS18B20 sensor
- RJ11 plug (fits in RJ12 socket)
- 2m silicone detachable cable
- Stainless steel SS304
- Probe length 60 mm / 2.4 inch
- Thread type: 1/2" NPT
- Thread length: 9 mm / 0.35 inch
- 0.0625 ºC resolution
- Range of -55°C to +125°C
- Factory accuracy of ±0.5°C over the range of -10°C to +85°C
- With calibration via the BrewPi software, accurate to 0.0625 °C
If you buy this sensor to mount it inside a threaded port, make sure you pick the correct version (NPT/BSP).
To make a hole in your kettle, use a 21mm hole punch.
Warning: not compatible with other PID controllers, like the STC-1000. These devices need an analog thermocouple sensor. This is a digital OneWire sensor.