Our stainless steel HERMS coils are very easy to install in your own kettle. You only have to make two 21mm holes with a hole punch.
We custom designed the fittings for this coil, with the following in mind:
- Once installed, the O-ring is completely hidden and protected by the stainless steel.
- The O-ring has 20% compression and 20% free goove volume, for a good seal and a long life span.
- The fitting is very sleek on the inside of the kettle.
- The fitting is easy to install.
- The length of the thread is 3/4 inch, so after adding the locknut, you still have enough length for a ball valve or camlock fitting.
The fittings are mounted onto the coil with a hydraulic press at the factory. This is watertight and very strong. 100% guaranteed: if the fitting leaks, you will get a 100% refund.
This kit also comes with custom face sealing locknuts: they have the exact same O-ring groove as the fitting for a double secure seal!
Our 30cm coil is the perfect size for a 35-44 cm kettle. For a kettles above 45cm, we recommend our 40 cm coil.
Coil diameter 30 cm Coil height 20 cm Tube length: 11.3 m Tube outer diameter: 12 mm Tube inner diameter 11 mm Material: SS304 stainless steel Fittings: 1/2" BSP O-rings: Food grade silicone
Please see the Mashing page for a video demonstration of installing the coil.